Below you will find detailed breakdowns of our core services, and you can contact us anytime with any questions or to get started with Löning – Human Rights & Responsible Business.
With our Context Analysis service, we establish essential baseline measurements related to your organisation. This allows us to fully understand the context you’re operating in so that we can establish the most effective plan for you to meet all your human rights obligations.
Our Context Analysis service includes:
- Trends & prospects on legal and political developments
- Benchmark of competitors or best-in-class performing companies
- Research on specific human rights topics, regional contexts, business models etc.
Your risks depend on your business activities, where you operate, and a number of other factors unique to you. That’s why we conduct a detailed Risk Analysis to assess your specific human rights risks and obligations.
Our Risk Analysis service includes:
- Identify potential human rights risks related to your industry, operations and production countries/supply chain
- Understand the country-specific human rights context through our Risk-Register: a country-specific database that covers relevant human rights risks by quantifying those risks based upon leverage & priorities
- Prioritize risks
You can also access our free knowledge paper on human rights risk analyses here.
Our Gap Analysis service allows us to identify your priority issues as quickly as possible. We find room-for-improvement areas that meet international standards, as well as any root problems from a neutral perspective to ensure an accurate course of action.
Our Gap Analysis service includes:
- Identify gaps & deficiencies in current business practices and processes.
- Develop strategic recommendations and steps for action
Within our HRIA service, we work with you to identify how rights-holders at all levels are impacted by the work you do. We highlight any potential and actual adverse impacts on human rights as well as establish ways to identifying areas for improvement.
Our HRIA service is based on a structured approach which includes:
- Develop a customized assessment framework
- Data collection through document review and engagement with various stakeholders
- Identify, understand and prioritise human rights impacts
- Develop actionable recommendations aimed at managing and mitigating adverse impacts and improving opportunities
For any entity to truly succeed you need empowered people. That’s why we’ll work closely with you to create customize trainings and workshops on human rights due diligence related topics relevant for your organisation.
Our Training & Stakeholder Engagement services include:
- Tailor-made employee workshops
- Customized online trainings
- Tailor-made webinars (e.g. on reporting, policies, Risk Analysis, UNGPs etc.)
- Stakeholder engagement & dialogues (e.g. online surveys, design-thinking events)
- Management-development: we create structures and support relevant employees & the board so businesses can manage autonomously in the future.
Using standardized tools and proven processes, we offer your organisation the support needed to identify which human rights issues and legal regulations apply to your business, where there might be risks of violations and how to tackle them to ensure sustainable business success.
Measuring human rights performance can be difficult and laborious, so we’ve developed a customised tool called the NAP-Check to simplify the entire process and save you a lot of time. The UNGP/NAP-Check is
- A tool that helps your organisation identify whether you fulfil the requirements posed by the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs) and the (German) National Action plan (NAP). The tool uses 50 indicators to identify the status quo of your business and then provides an overview of the necessary next steps to fulfil the UNGPs/NAP.
- Upon request the tool can be used in other national contexts as well.
- You can read more detailed info on our NAP-Check tool here.
Also included in this service area of standardised tools is our Risk Register, which is a country-specific database that covers relevant human rights risks, adjusted to your industry and business model.
Well-functioning governance structures are fundamental for a robust human rights due diligence process. Therefore, we work together with businesses to set up clear structures that define who should be in charge of driving the human rights due diligence process forward. Moreover, as a part of your human rights due diligence strategy, we’ll work with you to install mechanisms within your operations that uphold human rights and are flexible enough to evolve with the needs of your organisation over time.
Our Governance services include recommendations on
- Management structures
- Internal reporting structures
- External communication
Different industries have different challenges, yet having well written policies is the basis of any strong human rights due diligence. We will tailor standard policies to ensure they meet your specific needs.
We help you develop or revise human rights-related policies, such as
- Human Rights Policy Statement
- Child Rights Policy Statement
- Code of Conduct for Employees
- Supplier Code of Conduct
- Modern Slavery Act Statement
Conflicts do not go away on their own, and even small conflicts often turn into large issues that can have a severe impact on rights holders. These can be costly in terms of reputation, time, money, and valuable resources. Therefore, we help you implement appropriate grievance mechanisms.
This service includes
- Develop grievance mechanisms aligned with the UNGPs
- Build contact with relevant service providers from our network
- Facilitate exchange with relevant civil society organisations representing rights holders perspectives